Research forms an integral part of the educational system at CMS and is headed by Dr. B. SUMATHI. CMS promotes inter disciplinary research and encourages its teaching faculty to undertake research activities by providing Research them with seed money for minor and major research projects
The Research Cell serves as the apex body for monitoring research activities, with the following objectives:
- To encourage faculty members to obtain research-level qualifications.
- To encourage faculty members to present papers and publish research articles.
- To foster research inquisitiveness in students.
- To prioritize the introduction of PG courses and research courses.
- To assist faculty members in preparing documents and submitting research proposals to funding agencies.
- To ensure that sufficient experimental manuals and reference books are made available in the Department Libraries.
- To monitor the process of selection of research scholars via written tests and interviews.
- To serve as the interface between the academic units, and the Principal and Management for planning thrust areas and future direction in research areas.
- To monitor linkages and collaborations with research institutes, hospitals, and Indian and Foreign Universities.