The Department of Electronics aims at providing quality, academic and technical education in the field of electronics. The department is committed to impart right kind of skills to the students to excel in this highly technical, competitive era of globalization.
The Department offers degree programmes in Electronics and Communication Systems at the under graduate level from 1993. It also offers post graduate programme in Applied Electronics from 2004.
The Department upgraded its level in research through M.Phil in Electronics from the academic year 2010 onwards to provide a platform for the students to pursue research in the emerging field.
The UG curriculum starts with the basic concepts in Electronics. During the three years of the programme, the learners are introduced to the latest trends in electronics with specialization in the field of Communication Systems like Microwave, Fibre Optics, Digital, Cellular and Network Communication.
The PG curriculum lays emphasis on recent developments in the field of Electronics such as Embedded Systems, DSP, VHDL, PLC, MEMs, and Wireless Communication & Biomedical Instrumentation.
The M.Phil programme mainly focuses on research in three different fields of research methodology, General Electronics and specialization papers such as VLSI, Communication & Embedded system as per Bharathiar University curriculum.
The department also has excellent infrastructural facilities with state-of-the-art laboratories. Lab programmes (UG & PG) include Electronic Circuits, Digital, Communication, Biomedical, Power Electronics, Embedded System, VHDL & DSP.
The hi-tech facilities like 20 MHz CRO, Function Generator etc., support the students in their students. A separate microprocessor, microcontroller, VLSI &DSP lab helps them in updating their skills.
It wants to serve as a centre for fostering co-operation and exchange of ideas between the academic and research community on the one hand and the Industrial Community on the other.
It has an experienced faculty and administrative personnel along with a team of supporting staff.
The UG curriculum starts with the basic concepts in Electronics. During the three years of the programme the learners are introduced to the latest trends in Electronics with specialization in the field of Communication Systems like Microwave, Fiber Optics, Digital, Cellular, Satellite and Network Communication.
The PG curriculum lays emphasis on recent development in the field of Electronics such as Embedded Systems, DSP, VHDL Industrial Automation, MEMS, Wireless Communication, PC based System, Modern Medical Instrumentation and Network Communication. Lab Programmes include Electronic Circuits, Digital, Communication, Biomedical Instrumentation, Power Electronics, Embedded System, PCB Design and Fabrication and Synthesis and Simulation.
- Modular Curriculum (50% Experimental Learning)
- Add on courses through external agency
- Mini Project & Poster Presentation
- Independent Forum – Interclass seminar &Net based Assignment
- Industrial Training during vacation time
| Course offered
|B. Sc. Electronics and Communication System
||(a) A pass in Higher Secondary Examination With Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry as subjects of study or any other examination accepted as equivalent there to by the syndicate or a pass in I or II Group or Vocational Group in Higher Secondary Examination with Mathematics or Physics or Electronic as the subjects of study.
(b) A pass in Higher Secondary Examination with Physics/ Botany/Zoology
(c) A pass in Higher Secondary Examination with Mechanist or Electrical Motor Winding.
|M. Sc. Applied Electronics
||1) A Pass In B.Sc. Electronics / Industrial Electronics / Electronic Science / Electronics And Communication System/ Physics / Applied Science / Computer Science / B.C.A., / B.Sc., (Hons) / B.Sc., (Electrical Equipment Maintenance) / B.Sc., (Instrumentation) / B.E.S.
2) A Pass In Triple Major (Maths, Physics And Electronics) Or (Maths, Electronics And Computer Science).
3) The Government of India as per its GO AB/14017/44/2011 dated 5th Sep, 2013 has decided to consider M.Sc Applied Electronics as equivalent to BE (Electronics).
|M. Phil. Electronics
||Eligibility is prescribed by the Bharathiar University and candidates are advised to refer to the university website. Application form and Prospectus can be obtained from the University.
Carrier Oriented Courses
- PC Hardware
- Solar Photovoltaic Systems
- Mobile Communication
- TCP/ IP Design & Implementation
Skill Oriented Subjects
- PCB Design & Fabrication (UG)
- Java Programming (PG)
- Kondaa’s Automation Pvt. Ltd., Coimbatore
- SS Systems Pvt. Ltd., Coimbatore
Mr.K.P.Vasudevan M.Sc.,M.Phil., PGDMIT.
Head,Department of Electronics
Mr. Vasudevan has twenty years of teaching experience. He was a member of the Board of Studies in Electronics of Bharathiar University. At present he is a member Of the Board of Studies of SRMV College (Autonomous).
|Mr.K.P.Vasudevan M.Sc.,M.Phil., PGDMIT.
Associate Professor & Head
|Ms. G. Sathiya M.Sc., MCA, M.Phil.
|Mr. G. Mahesh M.Sc., M.Phil., PGDCA.
| Mr. S. Karthik kannan M.Sc, M.Phil.
| Mr. M .Balachander M.Sc, M.Phil.
| Mr.K.Solai Vijayan M.Sc .
| Mr.G.Ravishankar B.Sc
The department encourages the students to acquaint themselves with the development in the industry through industrial Visits. The students ITI limited, Palakkad, Radio Astronomy Centre, Ooty, ISRO, Bangalore, Udaya Semiconductors, Neelambur, Air Force, Sulur.
Industry - Student Interaction
To familiarize themselves with the development of the latest technology in their practical training, the students are encouraged to undergo in - plant training regularly.
The final year UG students are grouped together to do projects and final year PG students are directed to do individually.
To meet the challenges as well as to utilize the opportunities created by the continually revolutionizing technical field we are training our students to analyze, develop design and implement simple electronic projects.
INFONICS - Association of Electronics
The prime concern of the INFONICS is to develop a balanced personality with the necessary social and political consciousness leading to creativity and academic excellence by organizing various programmes such as PDP, Awareness Programme, Technical Symposium, National Seminar, Exhibitions and Talent show
Personality Development Programme
- Personality Development Programmes are organized to unleash the hidden potential, inculcate leadership traits and success strategies
- To realize our role in protecting and taking care of our Environment.
- To provide a platform to explore the latest trends in the field of Electronics.
- To provide a platform to interact with the Research Communities from premier organizations like ISRO, ISRC, IISC, RAC, CSIR etc...
Electro Zyne (A Two Day Residential Inter - Collegiate Meet)
- To develop Communication Skill, positive thinking and to generate innovative ideas in the field of Electronics
Placement Training Programme
- To meet the challenges of todays competitive world by enriching the abilities of the students.
Technical Talent Show
- It is a platform to develop the creative talents of students.
- Events like Poster presentation, Paper Presentation, Project Presentation and Quiz competitions are conducted to motivate the students to nurture their latent talents.
For more details contact : firstname.lastname@example.org